Oktoberfest in Mt. Angel
A celebration of the harvest in Bavarian style.
A wonderful blend of family fun, music, food and beer.
Join us September 2020 for our 55th celebration! COVID Edition
Mount Angel Oktoberfest Looks to new format for 2020.
The guidelines provided by the State of Oregon that will govern Phase II re-opening will not allow the festival to continue in the traditional format. Food booths lining the street cannot be managed, extensive family friendly free kindergarten would not be possible, gatherings in the venues would have to be greatly reduced. Given the restrictions, the attendance would be reduced by 90%. This is unacceptable to the Board of Directors who are considering the impact to both the festival quality with free-flowing visitors, and financial ability to create funding for non-profits or sustain Oktoberfest, Inc. Therefore, Oktoberfest is terribly saddened by the need to suspend the normal exuberant festival format and is searching for an alternative format, that can help generate income for non-profits while giving fans a chance to enjoy some of the things they love best about Mount Angel Oktoberfest; great food, great beer and great entertainment.
We are closely monitoring word from our civic leaders to see if any thing changes and we will be allowed to hold the festival. We are actively communicating with them. We will be looking to other groups during the summer to see how other events manage during COVID-19 as well.
Full press release: COVID changes Oktoberfest 2020
Supporting the non-profits is our goal of the 55th Oktoberfest
Of primary importance to Oktoberfest is the support the festival has offered non-profit groups. Complete cancellation the festival will result in a budget gap for more than 70 non-profit groups. Oktoberfest hopes to create its festival in a new format for 2020 to help ease the financial hardship for these groups.
This format is under development and will be unveiled as soon as concepts are defined and development is underway.
Mount Angel Oktoberfest remains flexible if regulations around COVID change.
- We have no salaries for our Board of Directors.
- We have laid in our infrastructure and are capable of assembling a large festival in a matter of weeks and days.
- We are in close contact and have strong relationships with our vendors and support groups
Importance of the festival
- We are concerned for our non-profit groups that have the food booths as their main source of income for a year.
- Our arts and crafters would miss the income as well.
- Our musicians and entertainers are supported by the income they receive from us.
- We distribute financial support to other non-profits with our festival proceeds.
- And after all this social distancing – people are hoping for a chance to interact, even if it may look a bit different.
Changes will be conveyed to our festival partners
Should Mount Angel Oktoberfest need to cancel, we will be in contact directly.
- Entertainers will be contacted by Brian B.
- Distributors and Brewers will be contacted by Peter S.
- Foodbooth contact is Chris H.
- Arts and Crafts contact is Jeff C.
Other questions can be directed to email@example.com and it will be responded to by PR or directed to the appropriate Oktoberfest Board Director.
The Kindergarten is free. No Admission, no wristband, no tickets. The Kindergarten is open at 11:00 am and closes at 5:00 pm Friday-Sunday. Just in time to walk downtown and get dinner! Enjoy the ZuZu[...]
Webertanz (May Pole dance) by local school children followed by Engelberg Bavarian Dancers, the Mother/Daughter dance, and some of our youngest volunteers, local First Graders performing – It’s Dance Time. Considered a Festival highlight, this show[...]
A fun competition between festival attendees pulled from the crowd. From Keg Stacking to Hammerschlagon. There will be 5 different short, scored competitions. The score from each section of the Olympics will[...]