When no one wants to be the designated driver, there are other options:
Join a group bus tour and ride with new friends.
- Skedaddle – crowdsourced bus rides. www.letskedaddle.com Getting to Oktoberfest has never been easier. We’ve teamed up with @letskedaddle to bring you crowdsourced bus rides straight from your city. Start a route, reserve the first seat and ride free. Share with friends and ride together! www.letskedaddle.com #GoAnywhere
- BarFly Bus – Portland area – Saturday excursion planned
Book a room nearby and take a taxi – check into the Oregon Garden Resort in Silverton or another hotel or a Bed and Breakfast then take a taxi or ride the Silver Trolley during operating hours. Silverton is only a few miles away and a quick trip. Woodburn (about 15-20 minutes away) or Wilsonville and Salem (about 25-30 minutes away) have several hotels and rooms available, and private taxis can be called.
Silver Trolley – Silverton to Mount Angel
Trolleys pick up and drop-off at the empty lot between Seven Brides Brewing and Roths in Silverton, and Garfield St. (by the Biergarten) in Mount Angel. Shuttles arrive approximately every 20 minutes during these hours:
- Fri 12-8
- Sat 11-8
- Sun 11-7:30
- Willamette Valley Yellow Cab will have cabs on site. The will be available for service in front of the Biergarten. Willamette Valley Yellow Cab will be running specials during Oktoberfest to help keep the fun affordable. Call their dispatch at 503-362-2411 for service and details.
Arrange for private transportation, rent a van, shuttle or full size bus. These can be arranged with some well established transportation vendors:
- Ale Ways – Salem area
- Brewvana – Portland area
- Portland Party Bus – Portland area
- Shanghai Party Bus – Portland area
- Tour Transporter – Eugene area
- Willamette Valley Yellow Cab – Salem, Albany areas
If you are a transportation specialist or a hotel who would like to establish a package deal and would like to be included on this page, please contact us.