New for Oktoberfest 2018
New for Oktoberfest 2018 – under construction!
Each year Mt. Angel Oktoberfest tries to bring something a bit new to the festival. We don’t want to change from the great traditions of quality entertainment, great beers and wines, incredible foods, and fun for the family. Instead we try to add items that will enhance the great festival in place; while we have ideas already, we don’t want to announce them until we have solid plans. Please return to this page and check for the updates about every month or so. We will highlight this page as festival approaches on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram; so watch your social media.
- Molly B and the Squeezebox Band new this year from Ohio. The award winning band “SQUEEZEBOX,” featuring “International Polka Association” Hall Of Fame Recipient, “Mollie B”. This group plays more than 100 engagements a year, and keeps the dance floor hopping. More information on Molly B and the Squeezebox Band
New Food Booths:
Two new booths this year! Happy to have new non-profits join our food line up, with their favorite foods to add variety to the festival.
Please welcome to Oktobefest
- Gervais Middle School – Nachos, Chips & Salsa, Loaded Nachos
- Woodburn Center Students Club – Milkshakes, Blended Fruit Drink
And ProChefs will be returning in 2018 with a revised menu – gourmet grilled cheese, bacon and onion sandwiches.
Don’t those new additions just have your mouth watering!
- Returning from the past (about 5 years ago) Spaten and Fransiskaner! The German beer line up will be spectacular with the return of Spaten including their Oktoberfest, Pilsner and Optimator.
- Partnering with 10 Barrel for Hoptoberfest; a hopped up lager suitable for celebrating a NW Oktoberfest
- Partnering with Widmer for a special German IPA
Weingarten: Switching things up this year!
- Paulaner and Hacker-Pschorr have moved from the Biergarten.
- A new to Oregon, although it is about 700 years old in Germany, from Furstenberg, Black Forest Pils: Imported from Germany & brewed with tradition since 1283, using the best malt, Hallertau & Tettnang hops from the region, combined with a specially developed yeast. Hoppy & crisp with IBU of 32.
- Hopworks Urban Brewery (HUB) will be crafting especially for Mount Angel Oktoberfest: Goschie Estate Fresh Hop Pilsner: Hopworks brings together Mount Angel Oktoberfest & Goschie Farms for a crisp, refreshing pilsner, blasted with fresh hops. Barley & hops are 100% Salmon-Safe grown by Goschie Farm outside of Mt Angel. HUB is also bringing Gear Up IPA and their Totally Radler to the Weingarten.
- Benedictine Brewery will be offering their new St. Michael’s Helles Lager: A golden lager with a clean, malty aroma. Fills the palate with a grainy maltiness and subtle hallertau hops, finishing pleasantly dry.
- Offering Sparkling in the Alpinegarten and Prostgarten – thanks to importer Kastle Hill
- Welcome to the Hopfengarten! Modeled on the very successful Prostgarten. A small venue to grab a beer or glass of wine and enjoy the food from the street vendors. Relax and enjoy the Hopfengarten on the corner of Garfield and College streets, right across from City Hall. The Hopfengarten will focus on small local brewers who don’t work with large distributors, making their tasty small batch brews a bit more hard to find